Being the Best You Can Be
- The willingness to commit whatever time and effort is needed to optimise your potential.
- The knowledge of what the very best did to get to the top and what they do to stay there.
- The identification of the specific capacities, which you must develop, required to succeed in your chosen event.
- The confidence, normally gained from specific tests or time trials, to believe you can achieve.
- The understanding it is COMMITTMENT - which can never vary over time - not MOTIVATION - which will vary from time to time - that is important.
- The common sense to understand recovery and training are merely two sides of the same coin.
It also requires adhering to some common sense rules. They are:
1. If in doubt - DON'T
2. DON'T try to make up lost workouts.
2. Train don't strain. STRAIN leads to PAIN and PAIN ends in INJURY.
3. Remember the WILL to WIN is USELESS without the WILL to TRAIN - and - the WILL to TRAIN is USELESS without the WILL to WIN.